POX on OBX!

Raymond A. Kawski sr20de at epix.net
Mon Jan 26 12:20:15 CST 2004

Steve Baune wrote:

> 3. Let's try not to be to hard on these younger kids trying to make
> there cars go faster with a limited budget, we've all been there.

I have no problem with the fact they have a limited budget.  The
problem is that they don't know that what OBX is doing wrong.
Even if they are informed of the moral issues they still don't
see it as wrong or care.

What scares me is that children these days are being reared
much differently than the rest of us where.  What also scares me
is that there are more and more kids getting high powered cars
that have no *IDEA* how to handle them and the parents have no
*IDEA* how powerfull the car is.

When I was younger I was grateful to have a car period! I did
not care to modify it to go faster.  Plus I was driving a
sub 100hp Dodge Colt while these kids are driving cars that in
their unmodified form can do over 120mph easily.  Stock NX's can
hit close to 140mph not to mention the amount of realy fast
cars under the $20K mark right now.

RK
--
Ray Kawski
1998 Sentra SE Turbo, 1991 NX 2000, 350K mile 1991 Sentra SE-R