POX on OBX

Chris Pronios hpro at b-link.gr
Mon Jan 26 03:41:29 CST 2004

Mike,

> I am glad to see that you, Matt, Thomas, Geo and a
> minority are taking a stand on ethics.

the issue of ethics cannot be actually discussed in any rational matter in a
population numbering in the thousands (as in sr20deforum). You have to
realize that most of the persons you mentioned below (Matt, Thoms, Geo) have
been members of a close-knit community for several years and have seen this
community work its way from total neglect (by aftermarket companies) to what
it is today.

Outside this list however, most persons have been "late" additions and have
no first-hand knowledge of the efforts and $$$s necessary for anything
hitting the market. Their introduction in the SR20 market was after the only
aftermarket header option they had was the "overpriced" HS unit or the
"cheap" PS unit. Their "baseline" is the 2000 market, not the 1996 one.
Their attitude is no different than the attitude of corporate America these
days: "exporting", "offshoring", "outsourcing" or whatever you call it their
production facilities wherever cheap labor can be found.

It is difficult to bring ethics in the picture if someone is unable (or
unwilling) to understand even the basic business reality of how this is
going to affect the long-term market and job situation. Ethics is a
verrryyyy distant second consideration in the marketplace right now.

>  It seems like
> we are not very popular.

So, do not think you are "unpopular" right now, I have seen no such
indication in any of the posts in this list, OR in sr20forum for that
matter.

> I responded to Mr 10% group buy kickback right to his
> face.  He did talk to me and I gave him my opinion but
> this was before I went to hotshot and discovered the
> jig fit and confirmed the copy.

As far as "your Mr. 10%" is concerned, it seems that his 10% was very
important to him. Following the european dyno chart posted in sr20forum and
several "seems iffy to me" posts about that  dyno by forum members, I posted
there a very pro-SS comment without knowing he was actually the one runnign
the GB in another thread. From this very SS-postive post, he isolated one
line where I said that I was 100% sure that HS was a better product at a
much higher $/hp ratio and went on raving about "naysayers", "haters" etc. I
had to conclude the less-than-civil post exchange that followed by saying to
him that "you seem to have some general agenda or something in mind that I
am unaware off". Obviously he did!!!

Now, I do not think that his position is something you need to loose your
sleep over. Your position directly cuts into his 10% so it is reasonable to
expect his position. I can assure you that most list and forum members put
much more weight on your opinion than on his.

Chris