POX on OBX! No Archive Beating a dead horse I think....

mike kojima choaderboy2 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 26 01:54:36 CST 2004

This is put in a much more eloquent, polite and
diplomatic way than I did.

This is exactly how I feel.

I am also being bitched out in the other forum about
my statement here on how I will put supporters (not
people who unknowingly bought OBX or may still buy
them, quietly) on my private ban list.

Its my tiny thing to help.  People who undermine and
belittle the efforts of innovators to improve the
breed and loudly support and applaud OBX for copying
Hotshot are on my list.

I don't care about being popular, its doing what in my
beliefs is doing the right thing.  Its my opinion.  I
am not forcing it on others, its just my actions in
response to this situation.

I am pretty close to advising Hotshot to abandon this
market because I see some disturbing data. On a survey
on SR20 forums, OBX has claimed 35% of the SR market
in a short time compared to HS's 50% share over 10
years.

Chances are OBX will continue to rip off Hotshots
designs as they are improved.  This will nullify any
of Hotshots attempts to get any sort of return on
investment.  If it was my company I would have been
outa here.

Will OBX support SERCA and the convention?  Will OBX
support and sponser the SE-R Cup? Will OBX support the
forums and NPM, probalby not.  Hotshot does.

Choose as you may.

Mike
--- Will Norton <will_norton at hotmail.com> wrote:
> It must be disheartening for aftermarket tuners on
> this list to hear people
> saying that they endorse the idea of ripping off
> their design or other
> companies designs.

> If the OBX suppliers of the world put out their
> own unique parts I would
> have no soap box to stand on
 If  you buy knock off parts you are