POX on OBX!

Sean McMahon badahab at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 24 02:47:11 CST 2004

Im not going to argue if obx copied hotshots design (I have no doubts that they
did) but maybe this is a sign that design needs to be done inhouse while
manfacturing needs to be outsourced.  As long as quality stays high I dont see
any reason that could be a bad thing.  If obx can build (not design) a ss
header for 150 why does hotshot charge 542 dollars on their website for a
ceramic coated version of the same thing.  I understand it costs a lot to r&d a
header to get up to hotshots standards but 400 per header seams a bit much to
me.  Its not like the hotshot header is new either, they have been making
headers for se-r's for (correct me if im wrong) something around 10 years now
right?  I could break this down to a story about how I hate unions and the
bushes but I wont get into that.  The build quality of hotshot is definatly
nothing special, every ceramic coated header in the midwest built by them has
had the lower half rusted beyond belief.  Why cant good r&d companies like
hotshot team up with manufacturers like obx to produce a product that pops open
a can of whoop ass but dosent carry a price that rapes me in the ass?

-sean