Altima

Michael Jez 93SER at attbi.com
Fri Jan 23 20:32:40 CST 2004

I'm buying a 93 Altima GXE 5spd w/ 164K miles on it from a friend whos had
it since 96, for a gee note, cars are SUPER reliable, they handle nice- 4
wheel independent suspension, parts are cheap. ONLY thing to look for is NEW
distributors and if the front cover is leaking and the valve cover gasket.
Altimas where prone to distributor failures and they wouldn't start at times
or when it quit at all- crankshaft position sensor is built into the
distributor. Front cover leaking is a PITA to do but when done cars run
forever. I know of one 93 Altima with 500K miles on original engine and
tranny which gets serviced routinly at Nissan. U can but a SR20 into a
altima, but WHY ? The KA will make more power anyways... and rod bearing
failures ? on a KA ? not unheard of but not as common as a SR20.
Mike Jez
01 Maxima 5spd- almost runing again.... waiting for my LSD :)
93 G20 DET 5spd E-bay special.
97 Ram Clubcab 2wd long bed
02 Kawasaki 1200STX-R
Soon 93 Altima GXE 5spd.