axle replacement/seal replacement

Hoover, Christopher L. chris.hoover at ngc.com
Thu Jan 22 09:56:54 CST 2004

Hey group...this is my first submission...this is a great list and I
anticipate receiving each and every e-mail.

On the axle replacement subject...should you replace the seal?  Don't be
cheap!  The seals are very cheap...see Courtesy...and not a hole (pun
intended) lot of labor involved to install.  You won't be sorry!  I had both
axles replaced on my 260k miles SE-R (burns no oil...leaks a little) and
gave the "monkey" the new seals and axles and asked to have them installed.
Picked up the car and the new seals were sitting on the seat...needless to
say...the old seals were leaking and the "monkey" charged me full price for
installing the seals after the fact.  The only reason I'm going back to said
"monkey" is that the new seals are leaking and this time he WILL fix 'em for
free!!!

Chris Hoover  '94 Black SE-R, 260k miles, VA tags read PDQ SE-R