INtermittent High Idle

KIERAN A. LAVIN kal8121 at oak.njit.edu
Mon Jan 19 17:59:50 CST 2004

Ray wrote:

> Hello fellow monkeys. My car has recently been idling around 1500rpms
> even after it's been warm. Now at first I thought it may just need an
> idle adjustment but it goes away and only comes every now and then. Most

My car used to do the same thing for a while...

> tight. Is it possibly something that I just need to clean? Throttle body
> maybe? Revving the engine has no effect and neither does shutting it off

I *THINK* when I went through a period where the car did this, it was
right after I cleaned the throttle body.  Wouldn't hurt to clean the
throttle body, check plugs/wires, fuel filter, air filter, TPS voltage,
and anything else anyone else would like to tack onto that list.  I don't
think I ever tracked down a culprit - it just went away.  I wasn't at idle
enough to the point that it got all that annoying or affected my gas
mileage much.  I wouldn't worry too much about it

kieran