help - axle seized in (thx - it's fixed)

wmc_sr20 at bellsouth.net wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net
Mon Jan 12 19:49:21 CST 2004

At 02:33 PM 1/12/2004, Geo, et al wrote:
>I had to use a hammer a couple of times.  Not fun.

Thanks Guys... I got it out.

I've had to hammer 'em lightly in the past, but man this was
stuck.  Beating on the two accessible mounting ears with a 3lb hammer and
the 1.5" aluminum rod I use as a drift got it moving ever so
slightly.  Then hammering a chisel in as a wedge got it going more.

Hell'uva lot more force than I like putting on those sort of parts, tho.

    -Wayne    '93 SE-R / '93 NK2k / '91 NX2k / '92 SE-R (in boxes & bags)