Lots more power found with some new SR tuning ideas!

mike kojima choaderboy2@yahoo.com
Wed, 7 Jan 2004 12:17:05 -0600

The real credit goes to Clark Steppler of JWT.  He
wanted to try the bigger exhaust and I poo pooed the
idea based on prior testing (but with smaller cams)
but he talked me into it, haha.  Actualy he just did
it while I wasnt around.

The cam timing stuff was stuff that another race
engine builder we know had good results with.
Previously when I experimented in that direction a few
years ago with a more stuffed up exhaust the engine
did not respond well. The exhaust had a synergisitic
effect on how the engine responded to cam timing that
works on many other engines of simular type (2000cc
DOHC 4 valve)

The stuff we are doing is pretty iffy in passing smog
but it might.  Your 510 project won't be subject to
smog checks anyway right?  Its a pre 73 car.

Mike