Lots more power found with some new SR tuning ideas!

Hammer Down hammer_down@hotmail.com
Wed, 7 Jan 2004 09:57:48 -0600

Great write up Mike.  Excellent news about finding new (hidden) power for
the old DE.  It is nice to see people, like yourself still searching for
power gains in areas previously found to be inefective (big exhaust
collector etc on a NA engine).  If no one has thanked you enough for you
continued efforts (it must be a lot of fun though) in working to get more
out of this engine.  When you really start looking at optimizing the ECU
program, are you planning on looking at any of the emissions data?  I am
curious as to how close to streetable it would be.  I still haven't chosen
an engine for the 510 and if you are getting close to 200whp Na from the
friendly and durable SR20DE, that may be an attractive option again...

Thanks for you efforts and successes!

Erik Halvorson