Weird WOT Behavior

Jon Pennington cowboydren@b15sentra.net
Tue, 6 Jan 2004 08:27:54 -0600

Well, it didn't happen on the way home, and it didn't screw up on Bec last
night, and it didn't do it again this morning.  Talking to a few prominent
B15/SR-heads, it seems that there is a "limp home mode" that was indeed
activated yesterday morning, but we're having a hard time re-finding it in
the FSM.

To the suggestions, which were excellent:

 - It's not a bad ign wire, or the misfire would not be so precise.
 - It's not timing, because timing is not temp-sensitive in a bad way.
 - Addditionally, the Knock Sensor is ignored at WOT *or* over 4k RPM.
 - It's not gear oil, my MT-90 is thinner than dino at cold temps.
 - It's not the MAF sensor, because it revs over 3000.

Thank you guys for all of your help.  I'll keep you posted if/when I find it.

--
-=|JP|=-        "Stays Fresh Longer!"

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://members.cardomain.com/cowboydren/   |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |         cowboydren @ b15sentra . net         |