G20 fuel problems

sharpie_101 rolomeo@yahoo.com
Sun, 4 Jan 2004 17:38:10 -0600

Ok,
     what I did today :
1) checked for codes, found 1 only. Its code 14 and
its listed in the shop as speed sensor. I have not
had the speedometer working on the car for some time
now,probably 3 months without a problem. So I dont
think this has anything to do even tho I'd like to fix
it.
2) checked the MAF per the shop manual and its
fine,there is continuity between ground and ECU
connector on two out of the three wires and its
getting battery voltage when switched on on the other.
Also the ground is getting 0.1V so its not bad.
3) could not check the MAF itself as I could not get
the car to run
4) disconnected the EGR by capping the hose that comes
from the guy next to it BSP or something like that...
I plugged the hose on the EGR side and also on the
other guy's side as well.
5) released fuel pressure from rail and removed the
rail. Once out I pressurized the rail and NO dripping
was found ... then I fired the car with the rail
out and the coil disconnected and fuel comes out with
a really nice pattern. Its sort of sequential as one
injector fires at a time.
6) removed the plugs .. they are SOAKED in fuel. So
definitely there is too much fuel going in ... why
the hell? ... all of a sudden :( ...
7) I checked every single relay on the stock
SECURITY or alarm system and they are all fine.
     I am really running out of ideas and need the
car. I guess its going to be back to riding my bike
this week :( ... If I cant come up with a solution
soon its going to be going to the dealership which
is going to cost me more money than what I can
spend:(.
Sorry for the long e-mails and thanks to all
the people trying to help me.

Tomas Gunther
93.5 G20 Auto <--- sick, very sick

=====