The VE's are coming

Justin McClanahan jcmcclanahan@cox.net
Sat, 3 Jan 2004 15:48:12 -0600

Actually, I think you're referring to the X-trail GT.  It's not related
to anything here in the US, they make an X-trail (no GT model though) in
Mexico and it's powered by the QR25 motor.  I've seen the Mexican ones
before in Tucson and they look a lot like the Toyota Highlander.  The
X-trail GT is also AWD, so the configuration is the same as a FWD car,
just like the GTi-R motor.  Also, the VE's have a surprising amount of
low end torque.  It's very noticeable even over a full bolt on 150whp
DE.  Right off idle to probably about 4000rpms my VE makes more power
than my 151whp/135ft.lbs DE did.  It's very noticeable when at very low
rpms (like 1000-1500rpms) when driving around, there's no longer the
need to downshift to pull away... Here's a bad picture of the two dynos,
also I'm making even more midrange power now too, with a few simple
exhaust system tweaks.

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/6/web/198000-198999/198850_25_
full.jpg

Hope this helps.