Catalytic Converter

mike kojima choaderboy2@yahoo.com
Fri, 2 Jan 2004 21:58:11 -0600

Performance wise this is pretty true, a cat only
kills about 2 hp even on a pretty built NA motor.
Turbos are a different story but for NA, a cat doesnt
hurt that much.

For conversion efficency OEM is way better than
aftermarket.  OEM is about 99% effient and
aftermarket is only about 70%.  This means its gonna
be harder to pass smog on an aftermarket cat.

Catco cats tend to loose there honeycomb pretty
easy. Magnaflow cats have the honeycomb retained by
the
shell shape so they don't come loose and break into
pieces.  2 out of 2 catco cats have failed on me so
far in this way.

Mike