The VE's are coming

Justin McClanahan jcmcclanahan@cox.net
Mon, 29 Dec 2003 21:16:18 -0600

I did a little write up on my VE swap here:
http://www.nissanperformancemag.com/installs/sr20ve/
Although it's in a G20, it should give you an idea of what is entailed
in the swap.  A couple other people have done write ups too.  Steve
Foltz has a good one on www.sr20forum.com in the VE section; it helped a
TON with my swap, which I did almost a year ago.

The SR16VE N1 cams are pretty hard to come by, but even a set of regular
SR16VE cams wouldn't be too bad.  With a couple VE specific mods you
could probably see 190whp, maybe more (by the time you'd be doing the
swap stuff will probably change)?  As of right now JWT doesn't have cams
available, but they do offer stiffer springs to allow the SR20VE to rev
higher w/ stock cams.

As for the exhaust, VE's like a very free flowing exhaust and seem to be
pretty sensitive to exhaust changes.  2.5" is what most people are
running right now.

Justin McClanahan
95 G20 w/ VVL