Curtsey Exhaust too loud for me need advice

Will Norton will_norton@hotmail.com
Fri, 26 Dec 2003 18:43:53 -0600

Ok so I have a B13 with the Curtsey Exhaust and a 3rd gen HS header.  I
recall someone modifying the muffler to quiet it down but have searched the
archives and cant find any information regarding this post.   The mod
consisted of a pipe that went inside of the muffler that had holes drilled
in it.  I am really sick of the noise level (drone) and the tip on this
system.  I am ready to make drastic changes.  I am looking for advice here
especially anyone who may have modded this set up.

1)	Is there an easy resonator modification that can be done?

2)	Is there a nice stainless tip or dual tip I can weld on the Curtsey
muffler after I cut off that silly large tip?

3)	Is there a much nicer muffler I can buy cut off the Curtsey muffler and
weld on the new unit?  If so any advice on the hangers?

TIA for any advice!  I have next week off so I am really interested in
getting this figured out soon so I can take the stuff to a good wielding
shop (where they can wield stainless steel...)

A second motivation is that I have the car apart right now while I am doing
the clutch (Jim Wolf PP , Organic) ..  Any while your in there advice?   I
thought about the 5th gear kit but that is a lot of green for a problem my
car does not currently have.   A Nissan mechanic told me you can turn fifth
gear around to wear on the other side  does this make sense?  I have not
opened up the transmission and unless 5th gear is a strait cut gear it just
doesnt make sense to me..

Also is there a trick to the front main seal if I get that adventurous and
tackle that?  I dropped the trans out the bottom and the engine is currently
on a jack I love this list but I rarely post I just thought I should
mention that for what ever reason.

Later,

Will Norton

94 Sapphire blue with mods