GTi-R swap

Jon Pennington cowboydren@b15sentra.net
Tue, 23 Dec 2003 09:21:59 -0600

Chris Allen said:

> GTIR makes a big difference I think, With all the bolt on's big
> front mount 3" Exhaust turbo back, JWT Cam's Cobra MAF 20PSI on pump gas
> you can hit very close to 340-350WHP stock turbo, A BB will not even
> come close to that

I sincerely disagree.  You payed $2000 more for about $1500 worth of
upgrades that would allow a BB DET to make exactly the same HP.  You can
get a GTi-R manifold and turbo for about a grand, and the fuel injectors
(that work without resistor packs) for less than the remainder.  At "only"
350 WHP, the turbo itself and the fuel system are the only appreciable
differences between an 'R and a BB/Avenir engine.  Durability is a
different matter, but the fancy quad-TB configuration only changes the
shape of the curve, not impacting the final peak HP number.

PS - I want Amber's engine so badly I can smell it from Kansas City... ;)

--
-=|JP|=-        "Stays Fresh Longer!"

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://members.cardomain.com/cowboydren/   |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |         cowboydren @ b15sentra . net         |