GTi-R swap

james.mccoll@sympatico.ca james.mccoll@sympatico.ca
Mon, 22 Dec 2003 09:38:34 -0600

Ray wrote:
>a BB DET or a stock DE with a T will surely make
>enough power to put a big grin on your face.

That's an excellent point.  Something that often gets lost
when talking about turbo upgrades is how even a stock BB DET,
stock boost, is still pretty damn fast.  My car isn't crazy,
it's just 7.5 psi on a BB DET, S4 cams, intake/exhaust.

It's enough to make unsuspecting passengers swear involuntarily
and reach for the "oh shit" handle when I get into boost.

I'm only making about 200 whp/200 torque!  It's a big step up
from stock, or even bolt-ons, in a relatively light car (B13).

James