Timing chain skipped a tooth/was Please help engine won'tstart

Brian bkoko001@yahoo.com
Thu, 18 Dec 2003 11:17:30 -0600

Ray, Mike, and others were right.  I removed the "guide" and took a
look at it.  I could see faint grooves where the chain was wearing into
the metal.  Re-assembled everything w/o the guide and fired it up.  The
noise is gone and the car seems to be running fine.  Free-revved it up
to redline a couple times and nothing exploded :-).  I'll be setting my
timing later today and taking it for a test drive.
Thanks to all for helping me fix what was quoted as a $900 problem.
BK