GTi-R swap

Scott Martell martellotto@virtualitalia.zzn.com
Wed, 17 Dec 2003 15:35:19 -0600

    Very nice response Ryan. I am impressed that you actually took
    the
    time out to say all that! Unfortunately, I have changed my plans
    as
    far as getting a front clip goes. Instead, i am just going to
    purchase a Blue Bird SR20DET and get all the necessary SR20
    conversion components separately. I understand that this is more
    time
    consuming, but I did some calculations, and it looks like it will
    be
    cheaper in the long run. And I spoke with a local shop that has
    done
    the GA16DE -> SR20DET swap before. They said that I wouldn't be
    able
    to use the GTi-R ECU, wiring harness, starter, MAF sensor and
    some
    other significant parts as I originally thought i would be able
    to.
    You said that the GA16 -> SR20 swap is well documented but i
    could
    not find any sources. Do you (or anyone else reading this) know
    of
    any?

    In addition, I don't have ABS or rear discs, but i would like to
    upgrade to 4 slotted and cross-drilled discs. How hard is this
    brake
    conversion for a 200SX that is not already equipped with rear
    discs? Any sources of information regarding this conversion would
    be
    greatly appreciated as well.

    I won't be able to hook you up with webspace, but i would be more
    than interested in seeing the footage, photos, and documents that
    you produce as a result of this swap. Keep us informed as to how
    it's going and any problems you encounter. If you never find any
    webspace i might even be willing to pay you for a copy of the
    results. :-D

    --Meglio tardi che ma--
    http://www.virtualitalia.com/ - for enthusiasts of italian
    culture