JDM SR20DE into 94 Classic.

Jon Pennington cowboydren@b15sentra.net
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 16:29:59 -0600

Ben Fenner said:

> Do the throttle/cruise control cables reach/mate up correctly?

JDM cars do not have cruise control.  Best bet would be to scavenge what
you need at the TB from a '92/93 SE-R or NX2000, me thinks.

> What do I need to do to route the factory air box to the throttle body?

Dunno if the '91-93 airbox is anything like the '94 airbox.  Hit a salvage
yard, and see if you can get one from an SE-R.  This also seems to bring
up questions about the EGR and cold start systems.

> Will the ECU throw codes because of the missing EGR etc.? If so, how is
> this fixed?

Have you considered looking for a '92/93 intake manifold?  If you could
find a dead US engine (bad bearing, dead valvetrain, etc), all of the
above issues could be solved by putting such a manifold on the JDM engine
before putting it in your car.

> Are those the only issues?
> Any links that answer my qeustions?

Some sensors and actuators are different, and you'd want to move them from
your engine to the JDM engine, such as the Idle Air Control Valve,
Accessory Air Control Valve, TPS, and a couple of other little things.
There used to be some detailed info on putting a JDM engine in a B14 up on
one of the good SR20 sites, but I can't seem to find it now.

--
-=|JP|=-        "Stays Fresh Longer!"

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://members.cardomain.com/cowboydren/   |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |         cowboydren @ b15sentra . net         |