Disabling ABS

Raymond A. Kawski sr20de@epix.net
Mon, 15 Dec 2003 12:08:20 -0600

"Scarpulla, Christopher [IT]" wrote:

> B13 ABS sucks, I had it on my 91, and was much happier without it. If you
> want to disable it, just pull one of the fuses, or pull a plug out of the
> ABS control unit under the hood. I believe someone posted that it's located
> near the firewall on the passenger side.

I just emailed him privately.  It's a 20A fuse on the Drivers
side near the battery in the fuse tray.  It's labeled ABS SOL.

> There will be no negative consequences because it's designed to be a
> fail-safe system, so if the ABS doesn't pass the diag test that's run every
> time the car is started, it reverts to a normal (non-abs) braking system.

Ahhh it's supposed to do that but if the test passes and it really does
have a troulbe it will *MESS* with your brakes.  Ask me how I know. :)

If you wish to kill the ABS light stuck steady on you can go in the
passenger side toe kick and remove the ABS computer all together.

RK
--
Ray Kawski
1998 Sentra SE Turbo w. *HUGE* Brakes