Rod bearing replacement (Update 5)

Ben Fenner fenfam@sc.rr.com
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 23:15:06 -0600

> Did you use banana oil when you assembled it?
> Ah, that was mean.  Sorry.

Honestly, this is what I need right now. I'm an idiot, and the sooner I
realize this, the sooner my car will be on the road. If I'm up a creek
without a paddle, I'm glad I was notified of this now, instead of later.

> Where do you live?  You may be able to find a place near you that
imports...

I'm in Columbia, South Carolina.
Would it be cheapest to have Mike grab me an engine from SOKO and have it
shipped down here? How much for shipping? Mike?

Also, I need a low port engine. Preferably a '94. Were JDMs made as low
ports?
I just don't know how easy it is to swap a US market engine with a JDM. Do I
have to change ECUs? Do I have to add emitions equipment? I'd rather source
a US market low port SR20DE just to make things easier. By the way, I'm the
one who accidently hydrolocked my first engine. So this'll be the third my
car has seen... And still no boost...

-Ben
1994 Black SE-R