GTi-R swap: Radiator and brakes.

Ryan Le Gros nissantuner@hotmail.com
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 19:41:02 -0600

Greetings,

I bought a GTi-R front clip last month and have been working on tearing it
down bit by bit the last few days. The A/C radiator (mounted infront of the
actual radiator is shot, but the radiator itself seems to be in decent
shape. Its holding water/coolant with no leaks. However today as I was
preparing to pull it out i turned the fans by hand and noticed the
driverside fan (keep in mind this is a right hand driven car) just barely
rubs on the radiator. Obviously its a little warped. Would it be possible to
straighten the radiator out without damaging it? If not can I just shave a
little plastic off of the fanblade so it clears the radiator, or do I need
to purchase a whole new radiator? Im on a tight budget here, trying to save
as much cash as possible for absolutely neccessary parts.

Also, the car came equipped with an ABS brake system. I dont think I can
swap the ABS over to the sentra because of the hardware thats required for
the rear wheel brakes and the budget im working within. So is it safe to say
I can yank the ABS control module in the passenger side kickpanel and sell
it, or will it need to be present for the car to run properly. We plan on
using the GTi-R ECU and harness and splicing it with my GA16DE harness (I
know its a lot of splicing, but my only other alternative is a 250 dollar
sr20 harness, 200 dollar sr20 ecu and a 596 dollar jwt reprogram which is
most definitely out of my budget right now).

Thanks for the info.

Ryan

Winterize your home with tips from MSN House & Home.