Rod bearing replacement (Update 5)

mike kojima choaderboy2@yahoo.com
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 19:00:16 -0600

You just cant build an engine that way, you can't sand
jornals to clearance, you can't depend on the block
marking for the correct bearing once you removed
material, you are talking about the mains on an
aluminum block engine, 0.0005" is significant here.
You need to mike the crank and bore gauge the bearing
to determine the clearance, not slide things back and
forth!

I'd just start with a JDM engine and be done with it.
Otherwise turn the crank 0.010mm undersize and get all
new undersize bearings.

Mike

I installed all new bearings again. This