JWT Nitrous Installation Update

Ben Fenner fenfam@sc.rr.com
Tue, 9 Dec 2003 08:23:24 -0600

> I've read about level 10 and been thinking to go
> JWT turbo Kit,but wonder if this is advisable from a reliability
> standpoint as a daily driver?

If done correctly, the automatic should be able to take any abuse you give
it. It's also important to replace the torque converter with a higher stall,
and beefier unit.
I'm not sure exactly what Level 10 can do for you, but if they say it can
handle 300 HP or so, then you should be fine driving around daily with 300
HP. Although, you say your tranny sees many 7.5k rpm shifts a day. That's 0
stress on a manual, but the automatic won't last you as long as it would
your grandmother. Same with the upgraded unit with more power behind it.
About the axels... An automatic will be slightly easier on the axels, but if
you're putting lots of power down for a long time, you're going to have to
deal with them someday. Just replace with Genuine Nissan units if they fail,
and expect to replace them every two years or so...

-Ben
1994 Black SE-R