Coolant leak/Mike Jez if you're out there

Polish Nissan Pimp 93SER@attbi.com
Tue, 9 Dec 2003 07:23:02 -0600

> Hello list,
>      My car has been leaking coolant since Thursday (at least that's when
> first noticed it) but it only does so when the car is on.  It's does not
> leak that much and it leaks on and off. I checked my level and only the
> reservoir was low. I finally got a chance to take a look underneath the
car
> and it appears to be coming from the water pump. Does this sound right?

Paul,
Without me looking at it, I can't tell U if its the water pump leaking or
not, but if its coming from the water pump area and not from anywhere above
the water pump ( head gasket) then U are right. In order to repleace the
water pump, I remove the pass side engine mount- this drops the engine on
the pass side down for eassier access. Put a piece of wood under the oil
pan- make sure not to dent it, and put a floor jack under neath the engine
to hold the engine away from from the cross member. I belive its like 6 or 7
bolts to take the water pump off. Its somewhat EZ to do. You can raise that
side of the engine or lower it, whatever U think will work better. If I'm
working from ABOVE the engine I lift the engine, if I'm working on a lift-
then I lower the engine and get it from the bottom.
Mike Jez