Promlem?

Jon Pennington cowboydren@b15sentra.net
Mon, 8 Dec 2003 17:24:58 -0600

Jason Nicholson said:

> Ok, I don't know if I have a problem or not.  On a '99
> SE-L there is a small part attached to the firewall in
> the engine bay that say "boost sensor" on it.

This is, as it says, a MAP sensor similar to what Hondas and GMs use for
air metering.  On the '00+ OBD-II cars, California models use this in
tandem with the MAF sensor to interpolate a more precise air metering
value than the MAF by itself would provide.  I can only assume that '98/99
CA models had a similar feature.  With a non-original ECU (such as your
'97, especially a JWT-programmed ECU), this sensor doesn't do anything,
and probably should be left disconnected.

--
-=|JP|=-        "Stays Fresh Longer!"

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://members.cardomain.com/cowboydren/   |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |         cowboydren @ b15sentra . net         |