OBDII palm scanner

Polish Nissan Pimp 93SER@attbi.com
Sun, 7 Dec 2003 23:07:52 -0600

> Hey Mike, what is this scanner like in comparison to others of its
> kind? (NOT the shop scanner, but other palm scanners like this!)
> is it inexpensive in comparison? and are the features better and
> more accurate?

It works better than one my friend has, I can't vouch for other versions or
products in comparison to this one. I used this one a few times and its got
alot more descriptions for diff codes than even SnapOn scanner has. For
instance I dunno if europe has EVAP systems in them like all 96 up cars do,
but the SnapOn will just tell ya that is "manufacturers emissions system
maulfunction". If it says that, then U can't be certain its not EGR, or some
other emissions item that is not the EVAP system. This one has yet to say
that for me, I used it on Acuras-aka Honda in other markets of the world, at
work and it works nice. It tells me that P1457 is a EVAP system leak. SnapOn
won't tell me what P1457 is, it will just say... "manufacturers emissions
system maulfunction" but it will tell me its P1457. So the cheap Palm kinda
scanner is eassier to use, since you don't have to look up the code in the
book to find out what it means :)
Mike Jez