WAS: Ford GT, NOW: Cars, crack, pipesmoking conversions.

Peter Serwe peter@easytree.net
Fri, 5 Dec 2003 12:38:22 -0600

Ben Fenner wrote:

> Yes, those are nice cars you mention, but I could actually own a GT one
> day...

> Although, I'd prefer a Factory Five Cobra Replica... That plan is still in
> the works... And now that I'm a tad more knowledgable, the plan calls for it
> to be RB26DETT powered... To bring this topic full circle to a Nissan thing
> =)

How much again do the old 300ZX twin turbo's go for?

A F5 Cobra replica is a dream many car enthusiasts
seem to share ;)

I have been thinking lately though, of trying to
make a custom tube chassis kartish type thing
with a DET strapped in just ahead of the rear wheels,
of course, it seems that a FWD DET would sit nicely
behind the rear wheels kind of like a DET powered
porsche, or hyper custom beetle, lots of fun
engineering making that toy try to handle.

I guess the most fun I could think of that almost
seems achievable is strapping a RB26DET just
behind the cab of an S-10 and cutting the driveshaft/
welding whatever's necessary for mounts into the
frame.  For that matter, it'd probably be easy to just
mid mount a beefed up 355 chevy, built nascrap
style, and turn it into an s10 from hell, with a mid-engine
weight balance, but saving a whole bunch of weight.

Man, I gotta lay off the crack - this is a Nissan list..

--
Peter Serwe <peter@easytree.net>
Cheaper, Faster, Better, pick any two.