Please help engine won't start

Brian bkoko001@yahoo.com
Thu, 4 Dec 2003 16:52:15 -0600

Yeah, it's usually almost as expensive to have a
mechanic open your motor as it is to swap in a JDM.
The motor I have is fine though, save for the skipped
timing chain.
I've done a tensioner before; piece of cake.  I don't
understand what I could have done wrong, but it seems
that the chain skipped immediately upon startup after
I installed the new tensioner.  I followed the same
procedure I did on my 92.  I wonder if it's because
this SE-R is an automatic and I had it in Park on the
driveway, which put tension on the chain and when I
removed the original tensioner it skipped?
Oh well, either way I've got about 10 hours of greasy
hands and busted knuckles ahead of me.
BK