Please help engine won't start

Peter Serwe peter@easytree.net
Thu, 4 Dec 2003 14:20:28 -0600

Wow - $900?  You ought to be able to have
a fresh Soko JDM in mint condition swapped
in for that ;)  Add about another $1100 and you
could have a red top DET from more than a
couple sources - JGY comes to mind - $1300
for the motor, $700 for the swap, oh wait,
you need an ECU too.

Sheesh, I think Jez would do the JDM 10:1 Soko
motor thing in Chicago for around, if he wasn't
just willing to help you swap it for free, for like
$450 for a mint one and you could work out the
beer and funds towards the labor side.

Make sure if your swapping the chain, that you
throw in a fresh tensioner as well.  I hear it's
common to do just the tensioner every 80-90k,
IIRC.  My motor has around 55k on it right now,
I'm sure in the next 2 years or so, I'll be frisky
to swap the tensioner.  I hear it's not *too* bad
of a job, either.  The whole chain is going to be
quite a bit more fun.

--
Peter Serwe <peter@easytree.net>
Cheaper, Faster, Better, pick any two.