my insurance saga cont'd

Scarpulla, Christopher [IT] christopher.scarpulla@citigroup.com
Thu, 4 Dec 2003 11:35:11 -0600

My 92 SE-R with 110,xxx miles was recently vandalized and I got almost exactly
the same amount of money from my insurance company. The car was broken into
and they attempted to steal it. In the process of destroying the ignition
switch, they somehow damaged the gauge cluster and clock (bet you didn't know
the clock has a list price of $182!). Lucky for me I have a copy of FAST and
used it to my advantage. I actually got the insurance adjuster to the point
where he had to back out 1/2 hour of labor or my car would have been
totalled.

In my case, I didn't contest the amount or try to get a larger settlement by
pointing out upgrades. After my $500 deductible, $1050 in my pocket was just
fine thank you. I had everything I needed to replace the broken parts except
for the new ignition switch assy I had to buy.

Chris