Valve specs

Blake Mitamura tornadohawaii@yahoo.com
Tue, 2 Dec 2003 22:19:24 -0600

I need help!  Does anyone know the installed valve
stem height for a 95 SE-R?  What I'm looking for is
the height of the outer spring base to the tip of the
valve.  The Nissan shop manual does not list it.  The
service department at the local Nissan dealership
doesn't know it.  The machine shop that's working on
my head can't find the specs with their latest
software.  In fact, there is no listing for the 91 to
96 SR20DE.  Jim Wolf Technologies gave me a number
that is wrong.  They said it is 1.575 inches or 40 mm.
 This is not even close.  One of my intake valves is
2.210 inches and the others are similar in height but
the machine shop needs a baseline to work with since
my head has been worked on before.  To make a long
story short, my head is being worked on because the
mechanic that worked on it did not tighten the cam
caps down so the Jim Wolf cams were bouncing aroud and
need to be replaced as well as the rocker arms.  The
machine shop is taking care of the head but need this
info that they can finish the job.  I am in the
process of putting on a turbo set up by Hotshot
Performance but I need the head to be proper working
order first.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Blake M
95 SER