Auto to 5 speed/Carfax

Tim Rogers timrogers@charter.net
Sun, 30 Nov 2003 20:19:33 -0600

Josh Foster wrote:

>> I would like to know what the list felt the difficulty level on a
5 speed/auto conversion would be.  I searched the archives, but my searches
didn't pop up any how-to's or tips.  I guess the biggest question would be
if the harness needs replaced, or if the auto harness is sufficent. <<

It should be a plug-and-play operation as far as the motor goes as the
slushbox is controlled by a separate computer.  I believe that the driver's
side axle is different between the auto and the manual, and the auto has no
front (of car) motor mount, IIRC.
You will have to drill a holes for the clutch cable and for the pedal on the
firewall.
That just leaves the shift linkage, and I'd have to dig a hole under my auto
car's shell to see if that is the same as a 5 speed....

Tim Rogers
-93 NX T-top -needs motor work
-91 NX - Racecar-to-be + an auto parts car
-75 Silverado - Rusty Beast
-01 Astro - Work Van, Tow Beast