need carfax/help

Dan Thompson dthompson@adelphia.net
Sat, 29 Nov 2003 12:13:22 -0600

Geo wrote:
> Keep in mind that Carfax is not necessarily reliable.  It didn't catch
> a front end accident with my Bimmer before I bought it and I've run
> into a lot of folks who have bad luck and even horror stories about
> Carfax.

I know for a fact that r-title vehicles can have that title cleared if
you know the workaround.  There are certain states in which you can "sell"
the vehicle, wait a certain period of time, then "buy" it, and
the state-to-state transfer of that title will clear it.  I'll have to
get the list of states it's possible to do this in and post it, but I
would be suspicious of any vehicles that were registered in these states
for a short period of time.

-Dan