need carfax/help

Tim Rogers timrogers@charter.net
Sat, 29 Nov 2003 12:06:23 -0600

Brian wrote:
>hatch release does not work
If you can still hear it trying to work, the solution is just adjusting the
receiver down by 1/4"
>hood release is iffy
Didn't we cover that at the convention? ;-)
>leaky valve cover
New gasket and some UltraGrey. Cheap & Easy.
>recently replaced power steering hose w/ possible leak
>leaks oil somewhere... all over underneath car around oil pan side
Need to spray the engine down with some Castrol Super Clean, rinse, repeat &
see where this oil is coming from.
>torn driver's CV boot
Replacing the axle is a 1 hour job
>torn PS boot passenger side
Another hour job.
>worn shocks/bushings all around
Shocks are easy, sway bar bushings are too, but actual suspension bushings
can be a bear.
>strange clutch pedal/feel, clutch does not appear to slip though
Maybe the cable is starting to fray?  Not too hard to replace.
>can anyone think of something else i need to look for?
Take it through a car wash and see if the T-tops leak.

>>lastly, is this car worth buying for say $2000 - $2250?
i offered $2250 and he was quick to say no problem.. which
leads me to believe i left money on the table.>

If you can raid your recently "departed" SE-R for some parts, this might be
a great deal.
Heck, I'd like to grab the suspension arms, and you could make your money
back on the buy-back by selling the engine and the transmission.

Tim Rogers
-93 NX T-top -needs motor work
-91 NX - Racecar-to-be
-75 Silverado - Rusty Beast