Voltmeter

hlava lhlvava@tampabay.rr.com
Fri, 28 Nov 2003 14:17:25 -0600

I just picked up a really nice digital reader, measures lots of different
things besides volts, at Sears this morning. I was looking for the one that
was 50% off, but they were out. So, the manager gave me a much more
expensive one for the same amount of money after the discount... pretty cool
thing to do, I think.

Anyway, since I'm trouble shooting my weird idle problem, I decided to check
the mV on my reground MAF. There are 2 settings on the voltmeter , DCV and
ACV. I followed the directions from Jim Wright and used the checked the mV
using the DCV and ACV since I didn't know which to use.

The DC have me a reading of 2.2 mV, while the AC gave me a reading that was
within spec(yes, I've forgotten the reading in the short distance from car
to computer, duh).

Which reading should I be focusing on, and do I use the DC or AC for the
rest of my different readings for the items I'll be testing, i.e.
temperature gauge(red), FICD, etc...?

Thanks for your time,
Mark