insurance/replacement question

Briancembor@aol.com Briancembor@aol.com
Wed, 26 Nov 2003 14:18:18 -0600

I am calling the unequaled knowledge of this list for
some help/advice with my wrecked SE-R.

i posted a week or so ago about my Classic getting
hit, well i just got the first offer from his insurance:

$1250 based on NADA and Old Car Price Guide. they did not
take into account the motor (used, lower miles) i put
in back in June. i am fighting them on that, just need
more substantive proof for them...

question is this:
if i buy the car back, how much work to
buy a SE or E and swap out motor, diff, brakes, etc.? is
it worth it when there is a NX for sale for $2500 and
some change? i only have about $1700 available including
the insurace money (assuming $1250 pay out).

what would y'all suggest and does anyone have access to
NADA book and Old Car Price Guide?

Thanks,
Brian Cembor
Dead Classic... :-(