Electric Supercharger?

spdracer@mail.utexas.edu spdracer@mail.utexas.edu
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 17:10:14 -0600

>Funny how the people
> he's targeting are the NOS crowd.  ' ... serious
> racers spend up to $10k a year on bottle fills ...'.

Assuming the electric motors can really put out the 18 HP advertised, it'll
work.  I did the calcs.  But for 15 sec intervals?  What a joke...  that's why
it's advertised against the NOS crowd.  Well, I guess if you wanted to go
longer, you'd have to lug around an extra 100lbs in batteries and then it'd
last like 30 seconds.  It can in no way compare to a turbo.

Geez... $10k a year on bottle fills?  Why not just make a $10k turbo system and
have power all the time and 1000hp?

As for the leaf blower thing, that air isn't compressed.  When you compress air,
it heats up; that's basic thermodynamics.  Actually, you learn that in
chemistry in highschool.... sorta.  Ideal gas law... though that doesn't apply
to flows but close enough for this discussion.

Khiem