Electric Supercharger?

jacky89 jacky89@pacbell.net
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 13:40:50 -0600

I have my bets that this thing works. I was doing a flow test on a port and
polished intake manifold at school with a top of the line craftsman electric
leaf blower and believe me, my hand test tells me that thing sucks way
stronger than my engine at wot!! The air that comes out is initially cold and
gets warmer and warmer, the longer it spins. That's the reason why the kit
does not need an intercooler if it only boost for 15sec intervals. It only
draws 10amps. I'm sure the alternator can support it.
I'm sure you can use a variable voltage switch to control the rpms so you
won't over boost at low-rpms. Or maybe you can implement one of those exhaust
cut out things so you can turn on the blower only when you want it and it
wouldn't be obstructing air flow when it's off.