Spotted XTrail in SD

Joshua Gary ewraven@hotmail.com
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 21:06:58 -0600

I saw one in the outlet mall parking lot here in San Marcos one day.  I got
excited thinking it was some kind of pre-production US model; but it had
Mexico plates of course.  This one I saw was absolutely bottom of the line;
it even had vinyl seats!  It was a neat looking SUV; I wish they'd bring
them up here but I think we are getting a Sentra based mini SUV in a few
years.  We get alot of Mexican tourists in this town; I've also seen a
couple of Renault Clie's on the highway.

A little off topic but anyway;
My local Nissan dealer has a Nissan Titan on there lot right now.  They say
they can't sell them till they officially come out in December.  I took a
ride in it and it was really nice.  The dash materials seemed a little
cheepo; but that was the only negative I could come up with.  The drive
shaft is absolutely huge; at least 4 to 5 inches and it looks like it'd be
pretty easy to do a true dual exhaust setup from the twin cats back.  They
wouldn't let me drive it but I did get to ride in it; this one was an
extended cab(non crew cab) 4x4; it felt like a high 15 second to a low 16
second vehicle.  I liked the fact that it had a selector switch for the four
wheel drive and four wheel drive low; no second shifter for that.