Rod bearing replacement (Update 4)

Lewis Shadoff lshadoff@brazosport.cc.tx.us
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 08:30:35 -0600

I used the orange Nissan stuff (P/N 999MP-A7007).  Make sure you follow the
FSM diagram for running the bead of sealant.  Sometimes it goes outside the
bolt hole and sometimes inside.  The bead size is 4-5 mm, the bead should
be in the groove and 7mm clearance around the bolt holes (measured from the
center of the hole).  I did not do a continuous bead, but made sure there
were no gaps when I continued.  Get the pan on within 5 minutes of running
the bead.  I ;et it dry overnight before putting oil in the car.

Lew

At 09:50 PM 11/23/2003, Ben Fenner wrote:
>Greg also says that the current Nissan stuff
>isn't grey, it's orange..

>The FSM, IIRC, says ' ... use a 5-6mm bead ...'.

Lewis A. Shadoff, Ph.D.
Brazosport College
Lake Jackson, TX