Rod bearing replacement (Update 4)

Ben Fenner fenfam@sc.rr.com
Sun, 23 Nov 2003 16:03:52 -0600

Mike Jez said:
"make sure not to go CRAZY on the RTV sealant cause I've done that and spun
a bearing shortly after- 3 months. RTV got sucked into Mr Microphone.... but
that was yeeeears ago so I learned my lesson the hard way"

I'm an idiot. Mike, you lasted three months. I lasted 2 miles...
I must have used the wrong gasket sealant, used too much, and not let it dry
enough (the FSM said 30 minutes. Next time I'll give it two days...)

Anyway, what brand/grade gasket sealant should I use? The stuff I took off
was grey, and I should have replaced it with similar. The stuff I used was
Permatex 1 Form A Gasket Sealant *Fast Drying* *Hard Setting* and it's color
was brown.

Fast drying, hard setting... Yah. Right.

I'm really kicking myself now... At least this time I used the air tools
making things MUCH faster.

-Ben
1994 Black SE-R