Rod bearing replacement (Update 3)

Ben Fenner fenfam@sc.rr.com
Fri, 21 Nov 2003 12:27:50 -0600

I don't know why I left out this little piece of information, but after
re-assembling everything, the engine sounded great for about two miles. I
was bedding in the bearings, but after about two miles the noise started
again.

This I thought, was due to the engine/oil heating up, and going back to it's
rattly nature. Now I'm thinking maybe, the journals weren't as smooth as I
thought they were, and after about two miles, they wore down the new
bearings again.
Does this sound probable?

If so, is it in my best interest to replace the crank, or is it much cheaper
to have it machined?

-Ben
1994 Black SE-R