Brake upgrades

Jon Pennington cowboydren@b15sentra.net
Thu, 20 Nov 2003 17:12:36 -0600

Troy Siahaan said:

> I've heard of using some pieces from the NX2000, but could someone
> clarify the specifics?  As well as other aftermarket choices i have as
> far as brakes are concerned?  Thanks

Try searching for "AD22VF" at SE-R.net.  You use the rotors and calipers
with a couple of misc. parts from the NX2000 ABS model.  Seems like a lot
of people on this list like PowerSlot rotors with Axxis Ultimates pads on
this setup.  Good fluid (like Motul) and stainless lines (like Mossy
Performance lines) don't hurt.  Some people use an Altima master cylinder
with this upgrade, some do not.  You really want to start with rebuildable
cores from a junkard here; the core exchange credit on AD22VF hardware is
worth the bloody knuckles.

There is also a specific Maxima rear rotor (and caliper?) that has a
4*100mm bolt pattern and is even larger than the AD22VF that can be fitted
to the rear of a B13; I've handled this rotor with my own hands, I know it
exists. ;)  That may be overkill, though; AD22VFs feel GREAT on a Classic
*or* B14.

There are also massive overkill front and rear kits from the likes of
FastBrakes.com, but if you're not going to spend hours per year on a
track, they're just eyecandy.

--
-=|JP|=-        "Stays Fresh Longer!"

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://members.cardomain.com/cowboydren/   |  <//><