Engine builder

Peter Serwe peter@easytree.net
Thu, 20 Nov 2003 14:12:29 -0600

I agree with the part about BS detectors going off.

He has a lot of Honda stuff on his site, and all
kinds of 'he knows everything there is to know'
all over it.

Funny that there are NO dyno charts anywhere.

As Mike has put it in numerous places, without
a dyno chart to prove it, it's all just smoke and
mirrors.

There is a similiar guy working out of his garage
down in Westbrook, ME.

Basically, he charged me over $700 for a balance
job that was "$250", overcharged me for stockish
cast pistons, and screwed it up bad enough for
me to have to replace a rod, scrub the crank for
a bone stock autozone cheap 350 crank kit, and
throw the thing together so it would live and drive.

The engine runs okay, it's not junk, but it's not
what I paid for.  Cheap lesson, really.

>From what Mike says, and what this guy claims
he charges - $20k for an engine build, it sounds
to me like a lesson via him would be a lot more
expensive.

--
Peter Serwe <peter@easytree.net>
Cheaper, Faster, Better, pick any two.