cooling system help needed - yoikes. :(

davidpertuz@mindspring.com davidpertuz@mindspring.com
Wed, 19 Nov 2003 16:21:50 -0600

I was out doing work errands today and parked at a supplier to see coolant
under the car. Fudge. It's coming from the lower rad hose area / bottom of
the radiator. I set out to try to nure it back to work, where there are lifts
and everything I could ever ask for.

Jam it into as high a gear as possible as quickly as possible, keep speeds
low, crank the heater up. Then I notice that I don't have any heat.

This leads me to suspect that my thermostat is stuck closed. I am losing
very little coolant any more, but it overheats very quickly. I suspect the
coolant loss is the pressure forcing it out at the bottom rad. hose.

If anyone can confirm or deny this, or tell me anything better, call me on
my cell at 313 623 7627.

Thanks!:)

David