sprung a leak :(

spdracer@mail.utexas.edu spdracer@mail.utexas.edu
Sat, 15 Nov 2003 00:23:42 -0600

Got under the car again today... sad to say I didn't find any leaks along the PS
lines.  I tracked the lines from the resevoir down to the power steering pump
and everything looked perfectly dry.  All the area around the banjo bolt going
into the pump was completely dry, firewall was dry.  I was wrong about the
control arm being wet, it was the sub frame or whatever that big metal thing
is.

So that leads me to think that it came from the rack when the boot came loose.
I tried looking into the boot and it seemed that it was a little wet on the
inside, and the end of the rack was wet.  I put a new clamp on the end and
topped off the fluid.  I'll keep an eye on it...

Khiem