OT: Address Change

Justin McClanahan jcmcclanahan@cox.net
Wed, 12 Nov 2003 01:08:42 -0600

Sorry for the OT content, but due to the fact that quite a few of you
e-mail me for Infiniti parts questions and stuff like that on a regular
basis I figured I'd post this here..

My e-mail address changed to jcmcclanahan@cox.net  (from
mcclanah@u.arizona.edu)

For SE-R List content.  I found out why my VE sounds so much different.
I'm not hearing any of the cam change through the exhaust.  I hear
everything through the intake.  My remus is so quiet that I don't hear
it over the intake at higher rpms.  After riding in Pat's P11 and then
Eric's VE powered B14 I heard both of their exhausts when driving in the
car and then realized that I can't hear mine once I got back to AZ.  The
remus muffler w/ 2.5" b-pipe made it a bit louder than stock, but I
never realized how quiet it still was, until I was in a car with a
normal aftermarket exhaust.  It's great for daily driver duties as its
quiet, but the Remus does restrict the VE once the big exhaust cam hits
just a bit.  So I'm probably going to get something else fabbed up for
track duties here very shortly as I'm afraid just unbolting the Remus
will allow everything to rattle around too much under the car.  Any
suggestions?  I'm thinking cheap as it's only for the track (HPDE
events).  Oh yeah, I have a 4" round, 22" long, 2.5" ID  mangaflow
resonator on there now so that keeps it very quiet by itself..

Thanks!

Justin McClanahan
95 G20 w/ SR20VE :-)